Other Montana breeder sites
First is to choose a breeder - not all breeders are the same. Here are some questions that should be answered. How long have they been breeding, do they show their dachshunds dog shows, do they breed more than one breed, and what are the qualities of the dachshunds being bred, and what hair coats do they breed?
Second is to decide what are the more important factors to examine in choosing your new dachshund - temperament, hair type, healthy physical condition, color, sex, age, minimal chances of serious genetic disorders, and size at maturity are a few factors.
1- temperament is one of the most important factors. Good temperament is a product of genetics, early handling of pups (0-8 weeks) and finally proper training by new owners (good socialization). 2- hair type is simple with dachshunds coming in longhair, smooth and wire coats. 3- good genetic health with minimal genetic problems. Pups raised in a healthy environment with good foods. 4-color & patterns- While this is of great interest for potential puppy buyers, it generally is not important to the health and general temperament of the pup. Their are exceptions to this, which we will explain in the section on color and patterns.
HOW IMPORTANT IS COLOR?
If you are considering purchasing a dachshund, one should be aware that some colors and patterns have possible health issues associated with them. For example, the dilute colors such as blue and tan, Isabella and some forms of cream have serious hair and skin problems such as alopecia. The merle or dapple pattern can be fine in its single gene form, but as a double dapple (when two dapples are bred together) serious health issues such as blindness and deafness can occur. It is wise to stay away from these colors or patterns, as breeders cannot guarantee their health.
Vindachs Miniature Dachshunds
Most recent update
December 11, 2022
Located South of Helena, Montana
We currently breed and show both smooth and longhair miniatures. The colors are: black and tan, red and cream. We also have the dapple and brindle patterns.
We do not ship our pups and we really encourage you to come and see our pups and their parents.
If you are looking to purchase a miniature dachshund, be very careful who you select as a breeder. There are good and poor breeders or worst yet - scammers who are not really breeders at all, but would like to take your money.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS IN FOR YOUR SECLECTION OF A BREEDER.
1. Obtain references from local kennel clubs, veterinarians, or people who have purchased a dog from this breeder.
2. Be patient as most good breeders do not have an endless supply of puppies, so you may have to wait a while to purchase one a good puppy.
3. The breeder should be able to supply you with pictures of the sire and dam, pictures of the pups at different ages and a pedigree.
4. In most cases, a purebred pup should come with AKC registration application. This will insure that the breeder shown you the correct parentage.
5. Be suspicious of purebreds sold well below market value.
6. Deposits on pups is normal. but ask what is the refund policy. If for some reason the breeder cannot provide a pup in a reasonable time frame, the breeder should offer a deposit refund.
6. Know where your breeder is located.
7. What genetic tests are done on the parents and what is the health guarantee.
If you are interested in one of our miniature dachshund pups, here is the procedure.
1) We need to know your name and where you reside. 2) What you are interested in such as male or female, hair type and color.
3) Have you owned dachshunds before.
4) Do you have a fenced yard and any other information you might think would be useful.
5) email us this information or you can give us a phone call.
Adult Black/tan dapple female "Vindachs Saturn's Calypso MS"
Cally is almost 5 years old. She has a good temperament, but does need to be spayed. For more information call.